When you invest in a unit trust:
- You ‘pool’ your money with other investors and share the costs of investing, gaining access to stock market returns much more efficiently than you might be able to achieve on your own.
- Your money is spread across a broad range of investments and you obtain instant diversification – one of the golden rules of investing.
- You benefit from the knowledge and experience of full-time, professional managers who make the investment decisions on your behalf.
- The prices at which you buy and sell units reflect exactly the value of the investments held in the fund.
- You can sell your units at any time, although you should always invest for the medium to long term.
- The paperwork normally associated with owning shares is kept to a minimum.
- You can enjoy stock market returns with a relatively small investment, from as little as £50 a month or £1,000 lump sum in the case of Consistent’s funds.
The value of an investment and the income from it can fall as well as rise as a result of market and currency fluctuations and you may not get back the amount you originally invested. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance.
How to invest
You can buy units directly by calling our dealers on 0345 850 8818 or through your financial adviser.
You may invest in the funds from £1,000 (with top-ups from £500) or from £50 a month by direct debit.
If you need independent financial advice and don’t have an adviser, you can find one through unbiased.co.uk.